In response to the Governments consultation paper entitled ‘Planning the right homes in the right places’, which sets out a standard methodology for determining housing requirements and includes a suggested assessment of housing need for every local planning authority, Tetlow King Planning (TKP) have set out the key proposals in a short briefing note which is available here.
There is much to consider and many aspects of the consultation will affect the wider development industry moving forward.
Key Proposals within the consultation include:
- A standard method for calculating local authorities objectively assessed housing need (OAN);
- Improving how local planning authorities work together through the preparation of a statement of common ground;
- Making viability statements simpler, clearer and more transparent;
- Ensuring neighbourhood planning groups have greater certainty on the level of need they need to plan for through their plans; and
- Increasing planning application fees in areas where local planning authorities are delivering homes that communities need.
The consultation runs until 9 November 2017. If you would like any further information or if you would like Tetlow King Planning to make representations on the consultation on your behalf, please get in touch on 01179 561916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.