GreenSquare Homes is preparing detailed designs for the development of 46 new open-market and affordable homes at the former Bodicote Flyover Farm Shop. As part of the design programme, Tetlow King Planning is consulting with the public on the designs; we’d like to hear your comments.
Outline planning permission was granted in 2019 for the development of 46 dwellings at the site (Cherwell District Council reference 18/00792/OUT [https://planningregister.cherwell.gov.uk/Planning/Display/18/00792/OUT]). The outline permission covers the principle of the development, including matters such as the number of new homes and the access to the site.
GreenSquare Homes purchased the site in early 2021 and is now drafting the detailed designs for the appearance, landscaping, layout, and scale of the development. GreenSquare will submit these plans for approval to Cherwell District Council by mid-2021. Before the designs are finalised, we are consulting with residents to understand whether there are any issues that we should consider further and whether any refinements could be made to the scheme. Key features of the scheme include;
- A total of 46 new homes in a range of sizes and styles;
- 30 homes for sale on the open market, of three and four bedrooms, designed to meet the changing expectations of modern living with plenty of space for home-working and schoolwork;
- 5 homes for shared ownership of two and three-bedroom homes, which will help qualifying households to take their first step onto the property ladder;
- 11 homes for affordable rent of between one to four bedrooms, helping to meet the pressing need for affordable housing in the district;
- The ability of prospective purchasers to specify larger garages to create workshops, home offices or other useable spaces;
- An architectural approach inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement in the early 20th Century;
- Retention of the established trees and hedgerows at the site, integrating them into the overall layout to create attractive street scenes;
- Extensive landscaping around the site including open spaces and a play area for toddlers and young children.
GreenSquare Homes [www.greensquarehomes.com] is a leading regional housebuilder with a portfolio of developments across Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. GreenSquare Homes prides itself on the quality of its developments and the thoughtful design of its new homes. GreenSquare Homes is part of GreenSquareAccord, which has charitable status and the surplus produced from sales is reinvested into providing affordable homes across their operating area.
We’d like to hear your comments on the emerging proposals. Please complete our questionnaire [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfd7jDlwdgNfhzwbxFRJZ-B0h3qp99NV98Y6EfgVOuHTfKBqw/viewform?usp=sf_link] and let us know your thoughts. The closing time and date for responses is 23:59 on 1st May 2021.
If you need a paper copy, please call Tetlow King Planning on 0117 956 1916 so we can arrange for one to be sent to you.